Features Events Compilations CD's African Calendar
Training Consulting Digitisation Media Management Media Sales
Training Consulting Digitisation Media Management Media Sales
CD's Subscriptions
Africa Media Online - Logo

The Castle of Good Hope: 340 year anniversary of its completion

The Castle of Good Hope is the oldest surviving colonial building in South Africa. Built between 1666 and 1679, the castle replaced a small clay and timber fort built by Commander Jan van Riebeeck in 1652, upon establishing a maritime replenishment station at the Cape of Good Hope for the Dutch East India Company.

  Go to Page:

"The Castle of Good Hope: 340 year anniversary of its completion"

  Go to Page: